Sunday, July 15, 2012

Book Report of Choice Project


     Another book report project I enjoy doing with my students is the book report project of choice. Students all fill out the same packet which asks them to find publishing information, describe main characters and setting, summarize the main events, identify/illustrate the problem and solution, and write a book recommendation.

    In presenting the book, the project is differentiated in that students select which style they want to use to present:
  • Scrappy - make a scrapbook of the main character's life
  • Artistic - create a poster showcasing the main events in the character's life
  • Dramatic - act out the major events from the book
  • Constructive - build a scene using materials of choice
  • Choice - students can submit other ideas - most of mine choose to create a Power Point or a Windows Movie Maker file
This is a fun project, because it's always so neat to see what the students come up with for their projects. This is usually the second project my students do during the year.

Click here to get a free copy of the first page.





Click here to purchase my book report project of choice.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog on the newbie linky party. I love your book report project of choice and cereal box project. I just started reading "The Book Whisperer" and have been really rethinking how my students respond to their reading. I am excited to be following your blog:) I also requested access to the first page of your book report of choice project. Thanks!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! Were you able to get the book report project of choice first page? I appreciate you following my blog!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you.